Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Should I bother ?

From many days I was feeling to write about something which is very important in ones life as they grow on. The topic on which I wanted to write about was "Critics".

I often hear from people saying
  • If I share my opinion what they may think, they may throw bad comments, they may laugh
  • Few have very good talents but scared to showcase in public assuming people might not like it
  • Few say everyone used to like my performance but I have stopped performing because people didn't like my last performance
  • I am scared to loose, I cant listen to any negative words

Most of the people are scared of critics. I was no exception. But I have managed to come out of it to a great extent. This change didn't happen in a day. It takes time in understanding which critics to accept and value and which critics to ignore. 

For example, consider when I write an article on a topic and post it in my blog, a person who reads it first, comes and tells to me  that the article is very bad. Later many people come and tell to me that the article is very good. If I was worried too much about the comment thrown by the first person and removed the article from my blog I would have lost the interests of rest of the people who liked it. What doesn't liked by one may be liked  from someone else. You should be satisfied of your work, that's the greatest feeling one can have.

As one grows to great height managing critics become very crucial. Think about film stars, politicians, cricketers, business people, whatever they do people have a comment on to it. If they care too much on every action they cannot survive. If one is scared about critics he/she is the looser, it will not benefit in any way.

Finally a one liner about this "Value valid critics from Right people and ignore rest"

                                                                                                                    ……Shilpa

5 comments:

  1. Good one! "Value Valid Critics"

    Sudheer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one shilpa :) ultimately you become the good writer :) Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete