Sunday, June 9, 2013

A quick thought in a traffic junction

Once while driving car in a major traffic junction, I observed road was damaged to a great extent. If you drive in that road your vehicle will literally get shaky and it feels very hard. If commuters with back pain travel in that road they will have bad time. With the hope of the road being repaired soon, I continued towards my destination.
 
Couple of days later while driving on the same road I observed that there was no change in the condition of road. As I stopped at the red signal, thoughts came into my mind as to why no government authority has taken any step towards any improvement/development of the road.  Is it because nobody complaint about it. Suddenly a question came to my mind, if I am supposed to complaint or request to repair it then whom should I be approaching? Give complaint to Corporator? MLA? Police station? BBMP?  My mind went blank for a second. I felt sad. Being a citizen of the country I’m supposed to be well aware of these major details. And I’m sure there are plenty of people who are in my state.
 
Traffic signal count was nearing to zero but suddenly it got re-initialized to 100 and I was supposed to wait for some more time. While waiting in the traffic, across the road I could see traffic police stopping people and was busy collecting fine from the people who were not wearing helmet and who were overloading their vehicles. Traffic rules are meant for the safety of the commuters but what is the use of traffic rules if the roads are by themselves not safe at all. My question is why aren’t the government officials being a little responsible and doing their duty? Who should be held responsible? Why aren’t the people not given any right to fine the government over their negligence.
 
By now started hearing beep sound and realized traffic signal light has turned from red to green and I moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment