Monday, June 10, 2013

Bollywood Remake

Watch it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7VYtsHUf0M 

Recently In our office there was a game on Bollywood movies remake. And the event was Bollywood Film fare awards. The main two ingredients to remake a movie were “Bollywood masala” and “Project masala”.

 

When everybody got to know there is going to be a competition on this, a meeting happened and people were asked to give their ideas on this. When my turn came, I told lets remake movie RAMAYAN with a modern concept. The moment I said this I saw that majority of the people were not interested or few had no idea how we can do it. People were asked to decide movie name and make some scenes/flow for the movie remake.

 

I realized majority of the people were not interested on RAMAYAN. But still I was working on the flow on my mind.

 

The next day a meeting happened and people were asked to decide on things. People were planning to combine two or three movies. I simply kept quiet. Though I had a flow for the RAMAYAN movie remake in a good way, I could not tell it over at that moment in front of the entire group. I decided let them work on the flow on the movies they have thought of, if that is good will do that or else let me explain the flow which I have thought.

 

After the meeting, I simple narrated my script to my teammates and they were quite impressed with it. They went and told the person in charge that she has a script ready with her. I narrated to him and he was also okay with it. He asked me to narrate to the entire group. But I stopped from doing so and said “Let them come up with the script they have planned and then decide”.

 

Evening a meeting happened again. But the script was not yet well planned from their end. So finally

Everyone decided to perform on RAMAYAN as the script flow is ready. I took the responsibility of writing entire dialogues. The next day I was asked to narrate the script and I did in front of the entire group. I was kind of not comfortable to narrate in front of entire group as I had written it in a slang way similar to mad-ads and I was doing it for the first time. Still took courage and narrated it. They all were impressed and asked to narrate even in the final event. Initially I did not agree for it but without any other option had to take it up.

 

Practice happened few times and then The FINALE. With fear and excitement I stepped into the event and started narrating. After our performance people who were known to me appreciated my narration and the movie remaking. I felt good. All the performance got over and the awards ceremony started.

 

My heart was pounding. Curiosity was at extreme. As I had taken up the entire responsibility of scripting and narrating it was obvious that I was hoping that we should get a single award at least.

 

4 awards were announced and our movie did not win any of it. I lost all hopes. Only 1 more award was left. That’s Blockbuster movie award. Picture abhi bhaki hai dhost.

 

I received special award for real talent, it was judge’s choice award. Though there was no memento/ award as such, judges forced to give award for category like this. I felt really happy when my name was announced for this. It was a moment of pride.

 

And the final award blockbuster movie award “THE FINALE WINNING TEAM” was won by US. I was on cloud 9. My first attempt itself on scripting and narrating won such a huge popularity. Felt really happy.

 

In this moment I thank all the people who supported me indirectly/ directly and also a big thanks to the team who worked on this.




No comments:

Post a Comment