Thursday, July 25, 2013

Salary !! How much do you get ?

Whenever I go to my Dad's village[My native] and meet some people I will be asked 4 standard questions.

Person: What is your name ?
Me: Shilpa.
Person: Nice. What are you doing ?
Me: Working.
Person: Really ? As what ?
Me: Engineer.
Person: How much is your Salary ?

This last question has led to a lot of confusions/Anger/Funny incidents. 

When this question was asked for the first time, I answered as "Sorry, we are not suppose to tell our salary according to our company rules". This was during early days of my job, where we learnt not to tell our salaries. But after replying like that, I was laughing because I don't know what that person might be thinking ? 

They might think

1. This girl has lot of attitude.
2. She gets huge salary that she doesnot want to tell.
3. She gets very less salary that she wants to hide it.

Uff, Really not sure how to reply for this..

And these days they will have options for the same question.

Person: How much is the Salary ? You might get 50000/80000 right ? 

I will be laughing inside, we know in reality how much we get. I am really not sure why people has such opinion that IT guys get huge salary..

These days I have kept my reply simple saying "I can have a normal living with my salary, so much I will get".



                                                                                                                                                ……Shilpa

3 comments:

  1. The question which we can't answer for various diffrent reasons :)
    The problem is tht they dont know what to ask and what not..



    $ Blog Reader $

    ReplyDelete
  2. u should probly confuse them even more by telling things like
    "neeve guess maadi" (make a "WIILD" guess) o to make it even more irritating "esht bek heli, asht hheltini" ;)

    ReplyDelete