Monday, July 22, 2013

Opportunities may not come again

When I was in Second PUC I used to attend tutions in Jaynagar, Bangalore. In the building where tutions were conducted  there was a movie/serial audio recording studio. One day our tutions got over early and we were chit chatting. A group of girls were running downstairs. Looking at this, we inquired whats happening downstairs. We got to know that a call from audio recording studio had come regarding a girl's voice was required for one episode and there was auditions going on for it and it was said that anyone can give a try. We were just curious to see auditions. So we went into the recording room. Dark, Sound proof room it was. Little bit of fear plus curiosity. Auditions started. They displayed a video on a big LCD screen and a dialogue page was given. Participants has to see the video and tell dialogue accordingly.. 

Photography by Sanketh Gurushankar Reddy
Participant #1 went to give auditions.

>> Rejected

Participant #2 went to give auditions.

>> Rejected

Participant #3 went to give auditions.

>> Rejected

Participant #4 went to give auditions.

>> Rejected

Participant #5 went to give auditions.

>> Rejected

 All got rejected. Only I and my two other friends were left. A person turned towards  us and said "can you people try." We replied saying "we just came to see auditions". That person replied saying "anyways you people have come, just give a try."

My friends agreed to try. But they got rejected. Only I was left. Heart beats started raising. Took dialogue sheet in hand, Looked into the screen. Started dubbing. Completed. 

A person said this matches. A little bit of pride and a smile on my face :) They gave me another sheet and asked me to dub for it. It was around 5 minute conversation. Did it.Success :)

Well this dubbing was for a famous kannada serial Mangalya.. A mega serial actually ;)

Told this to my parents and close friends about it. Felt happy.

The next day as usual was going to tuitions. When I was climbing the stairs a person called me

Person: Excuse me. 
Me: I turned. 
Person: You are the one who gave voice yesterday right ?
Me: Yes.
Person: Your voice is good. Can you give your voice for dubbing regularly ?

I got tensed. I really don't know why. I replied to him saying "Sorry. I have lot of other work" and I left the place as quick as possible without even waiting for a response from him.

When I think of this conversation I keep laughing at myself thinking why did I speak like that ? A billion dollar question. :D

The reason why I am saying this is because when opportunities come to your door step, one should take time, think and then decide. Not like how I did :) If I had taken time and decided when a person offered  part time recording job, today you would have listened my voice in TV ;)

                                                                                                                           ……Shilpa

9 comments:

  1. Very well written and a good message too "when opportunities come to your door step, one should take time, think and then decide"

    Since you mentioned about voice, we are now, curious to listen to your voice..great if you can record(or sing) and upload some audio..what say?



    $ Blog Reader $

    ReplyDelete
  2. @$Blog Reader$: The main context here is about opportunities and not about voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..we know :)...Just curious to listen..hope you consider your blog followers request



    $Blog Reader$

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice explanation shilpa:) You become great writer now a days. I am your big follower, of course your blogs made me your big fan too. I read all your articles. Everything is good than other. Keep going Shilpa, wish you all the best. Waiting to read many more stories like what you have posted so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous: Planning to learn singing. Will upload, if the outcome is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Basu junior: Thank you. Still long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know..we will be waiting for you to upload...Thanks for considering our request :)

    I think you can leave it your blog followers to decide/comment upon good or bad..what say? That is how singers evolve right..not everyone is good to begin with

    $ Blog Reader $

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long way to go. Critics and appreciations are important.. Will upload when time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha.. good one shilpa!
    u never told me abt this.. :O

    ReplyDelete